CLASS 3 NFA DEALER
WHAT IS A CLASS III OR NFA ITEM?
A Class III/NFA item is a firearm or firearm accessory such as a suppressor that is regulated by the ATF in accordance with the National Firearms Act of 1986. These items include Full Auto machine guns, silencers, short barrel rifles and shotguns, etc.
CAN I OWN A CLASS III ITEM?
Yes, you can! There are many people out there that have the misconception that these items are illegal, but they are wrong! If you meet the criteria to own a regular firearm, chances are you are allowed to own a Class III item in the State of Florida. The process is quite simple actually. For all NFA FIREARMS, there has to be a tax stamp which can range from 200 to $250 It’s easier than it sounds, just come in our shop and let us walk you through the process!
NFA / CLASS III PURCHASE PROCESS:
1. DECIDE WHAT TYPE OF NFA / CLASS III ITEM YOU WISH TO PURCHASE? E.G. PRE 86 TRANSFERABLE MACHINE-GUN, SBR (SHORT BARREL RIFLE), SBS (SHORT BARREL SHOTGUN), SUPPRESSOR (SILENCER) OR AOW (ANY OTHER WEAPON) AND PAY FOR THE ITEM.
2. COMPLETE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION. ALL OF THESE STEPS CAN BE COMPLETED AT OUR LOCATION.
- Complete BATFE FORM 4 (5320.4).
- Acquire 2x Passport Photos.
- Photocopy Form 4 with the Passport Photo attached.
- Complete 2x FBI FORM FD-258’s.
- Identify CLEO and request signoff on FORM 4.
- Submit Payment.
3. WE WILL THEN SEND A COPY OF YOUR PAPERWORK AND CHECK OR MONEY ORDER TO THE BATF NFA BRANCH. THIS PROCESS IS THE TIME-CONSUMING PART OF AN NFA PURCHASE. YOU SHOULD EXPECT TO WAIT UP TO NINE MONTHS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING TIME PERIODS. PLEASE BE PATIENT.
4. ONCE THE FORM 4 HAS BEEN APPROVED & WE RECEIVE IT, WE WILL THEN CONTACT YOU TO ARRANGE TRANSFER OF THE ITEM. YOU WILL THEN FILL OUT A BATF FORM 4473 AND THE NFA ITEM WILL BE TRANSFERRED AND THE CUSTOMER CAN NOW TAKE POSSESSION OF THE ITEM.